For 4 - 6 tacos, you will need:
recipe adapted from here
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed the sliced
- 2 tsps sweet smoked paprika
- 1 (400g) tin of chick peas, drained & rinsed
- 4 - 6 small wheat tortillas
- 1/2 block of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped
- sea salt
- pink pickled onions and a selection of hot sauces optional but recommended!
And you will need to do this:
1. In a large deep frying pan, heat your olive oil over a medium heat. When hot, add your onion and chilli and sauté with a little salt until softened.
2. Stir in the smoked paprika and continue to cook for another 30 seconds. Add your chickpeas and 1/4 cup of water. Simmer for roughly 5 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, remove from the heat & lightly mash the chickpeas. You don't want a complete 'mash' so don't be too heavy handed and leave a few whole. Taste & add a little more salt in needed.
4. Serve with your sides & get going!